News in RSS formatRSS Feed
Read the rules of this websiteRules
Members of our staffStaff
View website statisticsStatistics

Frequently Asked Questions.FAQ
Search through forums.Search Forums

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies

Poll
For a full volume release containing several chapters, which organization scheme is better?
  Separate folder for each chapter
  All .JPGs from all chapters together in the same folder

Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Reply to topic
hige
Site Admin
10003704 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 pm   Post subject:  Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

NegiRamen welcomes its newest member, Orpheus, to the team!

Orpheus is the mysterious translator and editor of chapter two of Soushisouai Note. The twisting byways of the internet and the chains of fate have conspired to bring us together and we're celebrating this union with our first release of the project Orpheus brought with him. Lending weight to the saying about how if you want something done right....

Fair warning for moe addicts: Kishizuka Kenji employs a more realistic drawing style and panders little to traditional manga character design. But if you like a longer story arc and characters with cute personalities, you're sure to enjoy Katekyo.

To download direct from MegaUpload: Click Here
To download over bittorrent: Click Here

Last edited by hige on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Download Post   
Hage
Soapbox Thief
1003047 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:28 pm   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

Mmm, the Dynamic Duo has become the Terrific Trio! Now if we can just sign on a proofreader, we can be the Fantastic... oh, wait.

Razz

Anyway, welcome, Orpheus!

Site Admin
10003704 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 pm   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

We have learned a valuable lesson:
More proofreaders = more people complaining and arguing over last-minute changes = a delayed release with more people pissed off. Where do we sign on more proofreaders!? Twisted Evil

How does that saying about negotiating a deal go? If both people walk away feeling screwed, then it was probably a fair deal....

By that logic, I think we have a great release here! Hahaha

Download Post   
Hage
Soapbox Thief
1003047 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:42 pm   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

hige wrote (View Post): › We have learned a valuable lesson:
More proofreaders = more people complaining and arguing over last-minute changes = a delayed release with more people pissed off. Where do we sign on more proofreaders!?

If we had a dedicated proofreader, I could have one person to focus my annoyance on.
^ _^

Quote: › How does that saying about negotiating a deal go? If both people walk away feeling screwed, then it was probably a fair deal....

Ah, compromise...

Chatterbox
561 Points

Portugal
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 pm   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

Hi everyone, I hope you're happy to see a new release Smile

Whether it was the twisting byways of the internet or the chains of fate at work, alongside a handful of eerie coincidences (like how I used to have an alias in the past that was directly related to name Negi Ramen), truth is I'm very pleased to have become a part of the team, and hope we get to work on a lot of projects together henceforth.

About Katekyo; I decided to start off by paying tribute to a very underrated artist (albeit one of my favourites), Kenji Kishizuka. There are very few works of his that have been translated to the moment, and while browsing through his raw books, this 4 chapter piece caught my attention, so I decided to go with it. Stay tuned for the continuation in the near future.

If you like what you see here, then be sure to check his other work "Mix Edge"; it has 4 chapters out already, courtesy of kusanyagi.

Last edited by Orpheus on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Download Post   
Afro Thunda
Soapbox Thief
1833 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:59 am   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

Well this is a pleasant surprise. I just saw someone requesting this work on another site not too long ago. Kenji Kishizuka's more realistic style is a nice break from the "anime-ish" style (I guess you could call it) of other mangaka. I'll be looking forward to the progress of this H-manga.

Anyways, welcome to the team, Orpheus. I hope you'll enjoy working with Negi Ramen. I'll be looking forward to more of your translations especially for this book. Good luck to you and the rest of the team in future endeavors.

P.S. Thanks for the release.

Download Post   
hige
Site Admin
10003704 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 am   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

Yikes! Well if you cross that site again, make sure to tell 'em it's being done. There's nothing more frustrating than posting your latest translation and then finding out another group did it just a few days before.

Download Post   
Orpheus
Chatterbox
561 Points

Portugal
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:12 pm   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

Hage wrote (View Post): › Mmm, the Dynamic Duo has become the Terrific Trio! Now if we can just sign on a proofreader, we can be the Fantastic... oh, wait.

Oh, but for that our fourth member would have to be a girl. Would you go as far as unleashing yesterday's fury on a girl? You're the devil. Twisted Evil

Download Post   
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:35 am   Post subject:  Re: Katekyo Chapter 1 by Kenji Kishizuka is Released Reply with quoteBack to top 

Thanks much for this chapter translation - great post.

bagua

Download Post   
Reply to topic

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic