News in RSS formatRSS Feed
Read the rules of this websiteRules
Members of our staffStaff
View website statisticsStatistics

Frequently Asked Questions.FAQ
Search through forums.Search Forums

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies

Poll
For a full volume release containing several chapters, which organization scheme is better?
  Separate folder for each chapter
  All .JPGs from all chapters together in the same folder

Pythagoras Bitch CH02

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Reply to topic
hige
Site Admin
10003702 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:24 pm   Post subject:  Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

Oh yeah! PB CH 2 is out after a mere 319 days (or 10 months, 15 days) since the last chapter. Is this April Fool's release an April Fool's joke, or was the joke that we made you wait this long to get it? You'll just have to download to see. Very Happy

Megaupload: Click Here
Torrent: Click Here

P.S. I'd tell you how soon the next chapter is coming but at this point I doubt you'd believe me Embarassed

Download Post   
hige
Site Admin
10003702 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:35 pm   Post subject: Idea Re: Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

I want to take some space here to add a little cultural background needed to understand an inside joke in this chapter and an upcoming chapter of PB. I'll try not to spoil anything because I know how much you all read these things for their elaborate plot lines... Rolling Eyes

There's a Japanese Internet meme born of a gay manga called Kusomiso Technique. The opening scene and dialogue of Kusomiso Technique are frequently parodied in Japanese nerd culture, so it's worth understanding in order to get the joke in the "neighbor series" of Pythagoras Bitch. I'll render my own, less disgusting version of kusomiso...

In the opening scene, a young man (Masaki Michishita) is on his way home when he decides to take a detour through an unnamed park to use the restroom. Sitting on a bench outside the restroom is a handsome older man wearing a blue jumpsuit (Takakazu Abe). The young man admires the older man and thinks to himself (Uho! Ii otoko) or something like "Wow, what a hot guy." The older guy unzips his jumpsuit, revealing his member to the young man and propositions him by asking "yaranaika?" (Shall we do it?). The young man is amazed by the massive size of the older man's member and mutters "sugoku...ookii desu" (It's really... big...).

And that's as far as I'm going to go. With that background firm in hand, I'd like to share some of the meme!

I'll start with the classic scenes from Kusomiso Technique that are parodied:

And now we'll get to the jokes:

And in song form:

Link

And in cuter song form:

Link

And my personal favorite (wait for the song):

Link

Download Post   
Nashrakh
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:39 pm   Post subject:  Re: Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

Good to see you guys back in action.

Download Post   
Hage
Soapbox Thief
1003047 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:43 am   Post subject:  Re: Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

Thanks, Nash. It's good to be somewhat alive.

Like 95% of the translation game is fairly comprehensive. Sometimes you lose a bit of meaning and more likely phrasing, but if you're willing to accept that there is often an analogue for intent in our own language you can usually keep the same feel as was originally present. And good results can be had.

Then there's that last 5%. Fuzzy kanji, obscure sayings and downright nonsense exist, and if you let it drag you down in your attempt to get everything perfect, you may never resurface. That said, my compliments to Hige for making something that was totally over my head in this project a little more clear. Proving, at the same time, that the Japanese are fucking crazy. Which, of course, is why we love them.

This one goes out to my man Orph, who fell off the internet sometime last year! We'll keep the home fires lit, brother!

Soapbox Thief
1833 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:43 pm   Post subject:  Re: Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

It's good to see you guys back, Hige and Hage. With a new release no less. As for myself, a very stupid mistake kept me from visiting the site for quite a while lol. Hage knows the deal. Needless to say, I facepalmed hard a couple days ago for that reason. Anyways, enough about that, time to download this new release. Thanks a lot, guys. And here's hoping to many more in due time. But well, lol-life. What can you do, right? As long as there's a pulse, there's life. Thanks again.

Download Post   
hige
Site Admin
10003702 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:11 pm   Post subject:  Re: Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

Aww, we got the old band back together! It's just like old times only we're slightly fatter, balder, and possibly a little less coherent Laughing I kid Smile

Did we completely forget to address the name change in these upcoming chapters? I goofed up in the first chapter and read "Nobu's" name wrong. His name is actually "Shin," so we reluctantly fixed it. We all feel in our hearts that he's a "Nobu," but it's hard to argue with furigana...

Download Post   
JukanX
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:46 am   Post subject:  Re: Pythagoras Bitch CH02 Reply with quoteBack to top 

Thanks for the release and the additional explanations.

Download Post   
Reply to topic

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic